Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - $200 For a Bound Textbook That You Can't Keep? (networkworld.com)

netbuzz writes: The worst of DRM is set to infest law school casebooks. One publisher, AspenLaw, wants students to pay $200 for a bound casebook but at the end of class they have to give it back. Aspen is touting this arrangement as a great deal in that the buyer will get an electronic version and assorted online goodies once they return the actual book. However, law professors and the Electronic Frontier Foundation are calling it nothing but a cynical attempt to undermine used book sales, as well as the first sale doctrine that protects used bookstores and libraries.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

$200 For a Bound Textbook That You Can't Keep?

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...